ACWA EVENT COORDINATOR
The following is what is expected of an ACWA event coordinator:
1) If you are interested in volunteering as an event coordinator, you must first notify the ACWA vice president and make your intentions known. Let him / her know which event you are interested in and your contact information. The vice president will then present all perspective candidates to the board for selection and ratification. To be an EC you must be first ratified by the ACWA Board.
2) Upon ratification from the board, you can then request the event file that includes any / all pertinent information about that event from the previous event coordinator, and will be instrumental in assisting you as you begin.
3) There are several documents and steps that must be completed by the event coordinator in the performance of their duties. The documents required are up to and including but not limited to: pre-event budget, the site coordinators guide, the post event (or cost at completion) budget, and the post event synopsis which includes all pertinent contact information for future event coordinators. Many of these steps are contained in the “guide to event coordinators”
4) There is a stipend that is allowed for EC’s this is to “offset” personal expenses that are directly related to coordinating the event. Personal expenses would include but not necessarily limited to phone calls, gas / mileage, parking and printing of progress reports, that are to be submitted to the board at each general meeting, from the time of ratification until the post event report. Once again this is to offset expenses and it is not payment for services rendered for being an EC.
5) Upon the completion of the event and receipt of all the required documentation by the board, then the stipend turned over to the EC unless otherwise approved by the ACWA board.
- Rules & Forms